Can RaceCapture Track control a GoPro and tablet?

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
TXBDan

Can RaceCapture Track control a GoPro and tablet?

Post by TXBDan »

Hi all,

A friend of mine is interested in a RaceCapture Track, but we're unable to determine if it can control a GoPro as well as connect to a display tablet at the same time. My understanding is that there is no bluetooth on the Track and the GoPro monopolizes the wifi so i assume this is not possible?

Thanks,
Dan

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It is possible in theory. However, the capability will come in a firmware release where we enable GoPro control natively in the firmware, vs. a Lua script.

Since RC's WiFi supports both client and AP mode, it could work like this:

* RC configured as client to connect to GoPro's AP
* RC configured as AP; tablet connects to RC's AP

Tablet -> RC -> GoPro

No ETA on when that'll be added to the firmware; we're currently prioritizing some important bug fixes, first.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

EcotecMiata

Post by EcotecMiata »

Was native GoPro support ever added to /Race? Just ordered my unit thinking this was available since it's not specifically called out as just a Pro or Apex feature on the product pages.

Cheers,

Paul

cdoxp800

Post by cdoxp800 »

EcotecMiata wrote:Was native GoPro support ever added to /Race? Just ordered my unit thinking this was available since it's not specifically called out as just a Pro or Apex feature on the product pages.

Cheers,

Paul
As of this time it has not been. I am still waiting on it as well

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Coming in the next firmware release - we should have it testable within a few weeks. Targeting Hero2/3 compatibility as well as the Hero5/Hero Session lines.

Thanks for hanging in there!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter