Newb Questions

hardware installation for the RaceCapture Plug & Play, including custom installations
94boosted

Newb Questions

Post by 94boosted »

Just picked up a Race Capture Track MK2 to use on my autocross car and have some very basic questions.

1) Is there any detriment to leaving the OBD2 cable plugged into the unit at all times? I believe the OBD2 port would therefore be powering the RC the entire time. (For reference the car is a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE)

2) What sort of GPS signal degradation is there from having the GPS antenna mounted on the dash (front or rear any better?)? As it's a daily driven car mounting the antenna on the roof permanently isn't really an option for me.

3) I believe the correct orientation to mount the unit in is as shown in the attached image?
Attachments
Orientation for RC Track MK2
Orientation for RC Track MK2
race capture.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 2998 times

94boosted

Post by 94boosted »

With picture

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, - sorry we missed this earlier.

1) No detriment to the unit, but it might drain your battery if you don't drive the car daily.

2) Should be ok near the base of the windshield; if you don't get good performance you can try moving to the roof for when it matters.

3) We got that covered at the top of the installation guide: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... 2#Mounting

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter