Firmware 2.12.0 bugs

Found a hardware issue we should fix, or got a feature request? Post it here.
sirwin71

Firmware 2.12.0 bugs

Post by sirwin71 »

Hi used this this weekend.

Not all CAN channels logged, thought I have to double check they are configured properly. Wheel speed did not log from CAN.

Also, the app would fall asleep during sessions (or let the phone fall asleed).

Lastly, the app on the iphone would not download tracks. Even if used the computer app, wrote to racecapture/track, and read from phone, no tracks.

Thanks!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for the report - sounds like a few different issues across the firmware and app.

Definitely check the mapping for the wheel speed data, it might be that it just needs tweaking.

On the iPhone there is a known issue about the phone sleeping; you'll have to set it to not sleep at the OS level.

Finally, we just recently fixed the trackmap downloading issue on iOS; can you ensure you have the 1.11.1 app installed?

Thanks again, will watch for updates
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

Thanks. I have 1.11.0 app on OSX and iOS, did not see 1.11.1 on itunes or on your site for wither mac app or phone app.

Also, updated to 2.12.0 firmware today, and noted on iphone app could not save log files or settings to phone.

Thanks!

Scott

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

I apologize - I mis-spoke about 1.11.1 on iOS - the current version is 1.11.0.

Question:

* on 1.11.0 - do you see a list of existing track maps when you go to browse for them?
* when you press the cloud update icon, what happens - do you see an error or does the app appear to hang? When you test this, ensure you're connected to your internet connection (home WiFi, or cellular).

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

It worked today on both the iphone app and the mac app. In the past both would hang..... Since they I updated to firmware 2.12 non-beta from the beta version, not sure if that is what helped.

Thanks.

Scott

PS: while I have you, are there data analysis programs you suggest that work with race capture data? Thanks again!