Smartycam and RaceCapture track

Found a hardware issue we should fix, or got a feature request? Post it here.
sirwin71

Smartycam and RaceCapture track

Post by sirwin71 »

Is it possible to integrate the AIM smartycam with RaceCapture track, and if so, how? Does it allow for realtime overlay of data on the videos? Thx. Scott

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

It is now possible to pull in the smartyCAM data stream and import it into RaceCapture - using the direct CAN mapping features.

See the "Direct CAN channel Mapping" section of the guide here:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AIM_SmartyCam_CAN

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the quick reply. Pardon my ignorance about this. I had read the link below and didn't quite know if that is what I needed.

I am looking for smartycam to be able to pull the logging data from racecapture/track to have the real time data overlays on the video.

I am not sure the advantage of having the smartycam send data to the racecapture app, wouldn'd I then also need an AIM logger? and if so what is the point of having racecapture/track.

Thanks!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Happy to clarify. The SmartyCAM integration is so that people can transmit real-time telemetry from their AIM system; especially valuable for the many endurance racers we have using RaceCapture, but also for sprint racers so they don't have to move data manually using memory cards - it's just instantly available for review on Podium (http://podium.live)

Quite a while ago, a few community members decoded the AIM protocol for the SmartyCAM interface; RaceCapture spies on the SmartyCAM data and live-streams it to Podium. In this way, RaceCapture acts as a 'telemetry bridge' for their AIM dash/ data systems.

On the flip side, RaceCapture/Track does not have the ability to broadcast CAN data.

Hope this helps,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter