iOS App can't connect over WiFi

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
alexxs

iOS App can't connect over WiFi

Post by alexxs »

Hi,

Recently purchased a RaceCapture Pro Mk3. Amazing bit of kit. Was able to connect to it using an USB cable and a laptop/PC, but unfortunately struggling to get my iPhone RaceCapture app to connect to the unit. Am connected to the unit's wireless connection, but the app hangs at the "Setup your connection" screen. I'm on ios14 beta, but my wife's iphone, running the stable ios13, has the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Alex

brentp
Site Admin

Re: iOS App can't connect over WiFi

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Welcome!

First step is to connect to RaceCapture's WiFi network via iOS networking settings. Seems that you've done that; good.

Next, you would go into the app; if you're running the setup wizard, you would choose the WiFi connection; should be that by default for iOS. You can also ensure you have WiFi selected by going into app preferences via the menu in the upper left and selecting the connection type.

On the PC via USB, you can also ensure your WiFi is enabled and configured for access point mode as well. Navigate to Setup / Wireless to confirm those settings.

Barring that, try doing a factory reset (Setup / Firmware) - power cycle RaceCapture and then try connecting again.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

alexxs

Post by alexxs »

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately have tried all the steps mentioned and still no luck :(. The WiFi LED on the front of the unit blinks blue every second or so, but other than that, no change I'm afraid. Have tried the factory reset procedure as well. Any other suggestions?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

As a test comparison, do you have an Android device (yours or a friend) to see if it works that way? That would help narrow down the source of the issue.

alexxs

Post by alexxs »

Hi Brent,

Works fine with one of the Android devices I had in the drawer. What can we do next? :)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update. were you able to get all the way in to the app and see data?

What iOS device do you have? Do you have a different iOS device, such as a tablet?

alexxs

Post by alexxs »

So my wife's iPad connects fine. The only ones with the issue seem to be my iPhone and my wife's. Mine is an 11 pro with iOS 14 beta 6 and my wife's is iOS 13.6.1

Thanks!

alexxs

Post by alexxs »

Further to that, the iPad had iOS 13.2. I upgraded it to 13.7 and still worked fine. My next step will be to convince my wife to get her phone updated to 13.7 and see what happens then.