New release Fire Tablet display

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
BK

New release Fire Tablet display

Post by BK »

Hey Brent,

I have a Fire 7 (9th Gen) that I've been using for some time successfully. I have google play loaded and have tried installing both Android and Amazon 2.3.0 versions and get the same display issue. When I start the app it displays about a 1/4" from the top of the screen, although the buttons seem to want to work only as if the screen is in the correct place. The odd part is, when touch the power button to make the display sleep and then wake it back up and go back to the already open app, the display corrects itself.

Maybe this is intended but it does add an extra step when first opening the app.

As always, I couldn't race without my RC and appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks Brent.,
Brad

brentp
Site Admin

Re: New release Fire Tablet display

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the report. We have seen this as well and we are trying to reproduce it conclusively.

Try this:

Go to an app that requests full screen, like the youtube app. Play any video, and make the screen go full screen during playback. Then shut down the youtube app and try the RC app again.

Also, try setting the app in a fixed orientation (Setup / App Preferences) and only start the app while holding the tablet in that orientation.

Thank again, let us know what you find out from your testing.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Bryan@UnderbiteRacing

Post by Bryan@UnderbiteRacing »

Just experienced the same issue while preparing a new Fire 7 (12th generation) to replace the 8GB Fire 7 (5th generation) that no longer has the storage capacity for the RaceCapture app plus the default software.

Brent’s suggestion of opening a YouTube video to full screen worked, but hopefully there’s a more permanent fix eventually. I could see issues where cell service isn’t available, so I can’t get a video to load to trick the system, for example.

Thanks!
Bryan

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for confirming this.

Does this permanently go away after the youtube "fix"? In other words, it never happens, regardless of the physical orientation of the device when you start up the app?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter