RCP SDcard log names vs tablet log names

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
TXBDan

RCP SDcard log names vs tablet log names

Post by TXBDan »

Hello,

I find i often struggle with sifting through the log files recorded on the SDcard of my RCP. With now way to view or browse them and basically meaningless names, i have to open each in excel and make various plots until i think i have the right one.

It's easier on the tablet since there is the Analysis mode. It would be nice if the RCP recordings used the same file names so i could match them to tablet recordings.

It's be especially great if there was a basic windows recording explorer app that could help pull data and sift through all the log files. A local time zone corrected time stamp, session length, # laps, and maybe a map plot would do wonders.

Thanks!
Dan

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

This is great feedback. RaceCapture/Pro, being an embedded system has limited ability to parse the log file to display those things, but the app could help understand that better. Will definitely stuff like that into the future.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

Hey Brent,

Any updates on some sort of log browser on PC? Trying to make sense of all the *.log files on my SDcard is super tedious. Somethign as simple as a time stamps and #laps would be a huge help.

Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The verbose listing will be focused on the in-app analysis and usability enhancements as it pertains to the in-app session listing. Raw SD log files won't receive any kind of enhancements; it will all be post-log file import.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter