Racecapture App for Windows Crashing

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
jd318

Racecapture App for Windows Crashing

Post by jd318 »

Every time I open the racecapture app on my windows 7 computer and try to open the analyze section it crashes. I've tried restarting the computer, and even uninstalled and reinstalled but not change. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm installing the latest version off the website (1.11.0).

wizrd54

Post by wizrd54 »

I always have this issue on my computer when opening the analog section of the setup area. No idea why it is happening. It seems to only happen on my laptop. Might try uninstalling everything and reinstalling it to see if that fixes it.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, We've been investigating this.

Can you report your Windows version and also the graphics driver and graphics driver version? That information is reported under Device Manager.

Thanks, this information will help us diagnose the issue.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

smallspeed

Post by smallspeed »

Hi is there a fix for this?
I’m running the latest version of the app, windows 7, and have the same issue - everything works fine until I click into analyse or the analogue sensor set up screen..
I can not upgrade to windows 8.1 / 10 as I will loose other functionality on the laptop
I can do most of what I need on a tablet or touchscreen dashboard but not all drop down menus are available so need pc to complete

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Sorry, we don't have any anticipated fix for this on Windows 7. While we continue to research it, the cause is currently outside the scope of our control, as it is a very low level problem (and not a bug in our code)

You may consider trying to dual boot Windows 10.

Also, which aspect of the tablet interface are you having a problem with? If it is around keyboard use, we've found that a bluetooth keyboard is very handy in certain cases. We like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005O ... UTF8&psc=1
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

smallspeed

Post by smallspeed »

Drop down menus for things like setting the number of pulses per revolution for RPM. You click on them, they open, if the selection you want falls outside the visible area of the screen you can’t get to it on a raspberry pi touchscreen - it just selects whatever you touch; maybe it’s just me I don’t know. I managed to get it to work with a tablet via WiFi

It’s a shame analysis doesn’t work on the laptop - I have to take it to the track anyway. I can’t dual boot, for some reason that screws something in my win7 and stops some of the other software working which I have to have for other things. I tried this once before and i lost a week of my life fixing it again :D

I guess I’ll pull the sd card and analyse it in a different software when I’m at the track or something

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the feedback. As before, it's not a bug in the RaceCapture code, but if we can figure out a work-around we'll be sure to implement it.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter