Windows app crashes when looking at Mk2Pro Analog Sensors

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
thoraxe

Windows app crashes when looking at Mk2Pro Analog Sensors

Post by thoraxe »

I just updated my Mk2 Pro to 2.12.0 and installed the latest app version of 1.11.0. I also installed the 2.0.0 Windows drivers. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

When I plug in the RCP via USB and open the app, everything works OK, except when I go to the "Analog Sensors" page. Then the app crashes.

I do not see any log information in the RaceCapture app install folder.

The Analysis submenu also seems to crash the app.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

You're running into a known issue with Windows 7 on certain hardware, we're looking into it right now, hopefully fixing it in the next app release.

So we can cross reference with the existing information:
* Can you report the graphics hardware reported by device manager? e.g. is it the Intel HD 4000 driver?
* What brand / model is the computer?
* Did it originally come with windows 10, then downgraded to Windows 7?

In the meantime, you can use the 1.9.0 version of the app, the problem does not occur with that version.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

thoraxe

Post by thoraxe »

brentp wrote:Hi,

You're running into a known issue with Windows 7 on certain hardware, we're looking into it right now, hopefully fixing it in the next app release.

So we can cross reference with the existing information:
* Can you report the graphics hardware reported by device manager? e.g. is it the Intel HD 4000 driver?
* What brand / model is the computer?
* Did it originally come with windows 10, then downgraded to Windows 7?

In the meantime, you can use the 1.9.0 version of the app, the problem does not occur with that version.

Thanks,
It's a Lenovo T430 that I got from a buddy.

My guess is that it was Win7 from the factory but I can't promise anything.

It does have Intel HD 4000 graphics.

I'll install 1.9 now and report back.

thoraxe

Post by thoraxe »

1.9 is working.

crispy

Post by crispy »

Any updates on this? Just had this same thing happen. Windows 7 Pro, SP1 running on a HP Compaq workstation.

(EDIT: Version 1.9 works fine for me also, I just would prefer not to get left behind with these updates)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi -

No updates at the moment.

We did research this more, and we discovered if same computer that shows this problem in Windows 7 *does not* show this problem in Windows 10.

It appears something was fixed or updated in the video driver for Windows 10 that was not back-ported to Windows 7, as Windows 7 is no longer a supported OS. (Intel and/or Microsoft won't issue feature updates or fixes).

At the moment, we recommend alternative platforms or operating systems to work around the issue.

We do have a computer in-hand that replicates this problem and if we can resolve the issue, we will. This issue is not in our app, but in an underlying framework which we don't have access to, so it is especially difficult to address.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

crispy

Post by crispy »

brentp wrote:Hi -

No updates at the moment.

We did research this more, and we discovered if same computer that shows this problem in Windows 7 *does not* show this problem in Windows 10.

It appears something was fixed or updated in the video driver for Windows 10 that was not back-ported to Windows 7, as Windows 7 is no longer a supported OS. (Intel and/or Microsoft won't issue feature updates or fixes).

At the moment, we recommend alternative platforms or operating systems to work around the issue.

We do have a computer in-hand that replicates this problem and if we can resolve the issue, we will. This issue is not in our app, but in an underlying framework which we don't have access to, so it is especially difficult to address.

Thanks,
Ok, thanks! I guess Windows 7 is getting a bit old... I'll run it off a Raspberry Pi for now!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, Microsoft is dropping all support for it soon, as well, including security fixes. Windows 10 upgrade can be found inexpensively as well.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter