Add a stop lap timing feature

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
tfriest

Add a stop lap timing feature

Post by tfriest »

Please add a (big) button to tell the app to stop timing/logging.

I raced at Hallett over the weekend, and you pull off at the end of lap before the timing loop. I still have trouble getting the menu to quit the app (because the menu button is so small in the upper left corner of the screen it doesn't detect a press most of the time), so it spends a while continuing the lap timing after I've pulled off and am trying to quit the app.

The dashboard doesn't need the button, but having it on the screen that let's you select dash/setup/analysis would be nice. It will still be nice if that screen also had a ( biggish) quit button.

I'm still using 1.11.0, so if 1.12 already has this feature, I guess I'll get it when the app is updated through google play.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. This is a good idea. It might be an app or firmware feature, depending on how we implement it.

Tracking here:
https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1566
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

VPD

Post by VPD »

I want to give support for both these ideas. I just completed my first track day with RC and found the default speed based trigger to stop lap timing never triggered a single time after pulling in the pits (speed channel works fine, still can't figure out why yet).

After a minute of waiting I really wanted a manual stop lap timer button.

I also find the small options icon in the upper left far too small to use easily. I had to go so far as to recalibrate my screen touch point to move it virtually up and left. That helped a lot, but makes hitting other touch points more difficult.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Currently there is no trigger to stop lap timing - speed based or otherwise; that's why it didn't stop for you.

We'll look into different ways to stop the lap; we have some ideas to try.

The options menu button you referenced, do you mean the hamburger icon in the upper left?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

VPD

Post by VPD »

Thanks Brent, guess that explains it. Under "Automatic Controls" I assumed the start and stop triggers were global settings given the generic title, but based on your response they only apply to the camera control settings below them I guess.

Seems to me that same control logic/option to choose which channel to key off would work fine to start/stop lap timing too.

As for the other, yes the upper left hamburger is what I was referring to originally, but after playing with the analytics screen this evening the gear icons on both top and bottom windows are about as difficult. For reference, this is not on a phone either, it's on a 7"x4" screen.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Right. That setting is responsible for starting / stopping SD card logging (if present) and camera logging. It's possible it could be extended to stopping / starting lap timing as well. We'll see if that's a good place to weave it in.

Thanks for the feedback!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter