RaceCapture App crashing

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
ProtoTim35

RaceCapture App crashing

Post by ProtoTim35 »

I have a problem with the RaceCapture app on my desktop computer with Windows 7 64 bit. It seems to work fine on my laptop with Windows 10 doing the same exact tasks with the same exact hardware hooked up.

With my Desktop with Windows 7, I can open the Setup page without problem. I can do most tasks in setup without problem. However, if I try to open the Analog tab, it crashes every time - I get a message that the app has failed and will be shut down.

Likewise, when I try to open the analysis page, I get the same message.

This seems to be occurring regardless whether I have the MK3 hooked up, or if I have a memory card in the USB, or if I try it with no hardware attached at all.

It's much easier to do tasks on my desktop when I can, so I prefer to work that way. consequently, if you can help me to get this app working properly on my desktop computer, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, all is not lost, since I can at least do what I need to do with it on my laptop.

ferg

Post by ferg »

I think you've found the same problem as reported in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=5758
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Autosport Labs Preferred Dealer
https://veracitydata.com

ProtoTim35

Post by ProtoTim35 »

From that string, which is from 2007, it looks like the problem is specific to certain systems working on Windows 7 and has never been fixed. Do I get that right?

ferg

Post by ferg »

While the issue was reported in 2017, the latest update was on Jan21, 2019 so I thought it would be relevant.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Autosport Labs Preferred Dealer
https://veracitydata.com

ProtoTim35

Post by ProtoTim35 »

Sorry. I missed the dates on the last couple posts. It looks like it might be relevant, but I have the latest version, and that doesn't fix the problem for me.

Thanks for trying though.

Unless someone can recommend anything else, it unfortunately looks like I'm going to have to do everything on my laptop until I'm forced by Microsoft to move over to Win 10. I doubt anyone will try fixing any bugs in it this late in the game with Microsoft announcing they are going to discontinue supporting Win 7 soon. I guess I'll eventually be forced to go to Win 10 on all of my computers. I much prefer Win 7 for a number of reasons. I was hoping someone could make a suggestion of something they've found to work.