FR: Selectable Bluetooth Device / SSID in Racecapture App

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
ShaneDonahue

FR: Selectable Bluetooth Device / SSID in Racecapture App

Post by ShaneDonahue »

Currently using Android based RaceCapture software, the software goes on it's own mission to hunt down which bluetooth device is the RC unit by trying to connect to each.

When i'm running this on a dedicated tablet, that usually means i have 0-2 additional devices it might try to connect to.. but when i'm trying to run it on my phone.. that could be a dozen+ (cars, rentals i forget to remove, various headphones, etc)

It would certainly speed up connecting and consistency if i could specify which BT device and/or to attempt connecting to consistently instead of waiting for it to make a full sweep, should the RC not be ready to go upon opening the app. SoloStorm has a good example of this functionality in action.

Expanding this to be looking for a specific SSID would be helpful as well for those that wish to use the Wifi capabilities.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll see how we can incorporate this.

In the latest app, we remember the last successful connection, and try it 2X as often when connecting. What this means is it does this:

If you have the following devices paired under Bluetooth:

* RaceCapture
* BT_device1
* BT_device2
* BT_device3
* BT_device4

The search sequence is as follows:

RaceCapture
BT_device1
RaceCapture
BT_device2
RaceCapture
BT_device3
RaceCapture
BT_device4

and then will rotate to the beginning.

This latest refinement has proven quite effective, even with many devices registered. See how the re-connect works for you with many other bluetooth devices registered and let us know if you observe that pattern. Especially interested if it still does not find the device in a timely manner.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter