Exporting Log files

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
BruceT

Exporting Log files

Post by BruceT »

In the past, I've been able to use my Android tablet to export Log files for use in racerender.
I now am using my LG Q7+ Android phone with RaceCapture app that I just updated to the latest version.
I am not able to export any of the 3 sessions I have. I get Error2: No such file or directory: u'/storage/emulated/0/racecapture/1.log'

Also, another issue I've had all season is that the session never ends, even if I get out of Dashboard view. ON the next session, I go back to dashboard and I see a lap with hours on it.... This was not an issue in 2018, but a problem now.

Thanks
2002 Boxster S

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

In android, you will need to navigate to a folder that exists and has write permissions.

Also, you will need to grant permission to the RaceCapture app for accessing your Phone's file system. Normally the app will ask for this upon installation; you can also go into Android's app settings to enable this if it was skipped previously.

To stop the lap session, you can go into Analysis right after your lap is done, and your session will stop immediately. Alternatively, if you exit dashboard mode it will automatically end after a period of time. You'll see a popup on the screen that says "Session Reording Stopped" when it does stop.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

BruceT

Post by BruceT »

Thanks Brent.
Ok well never had to set permissions before.
This might have been after an app update.

Also Ive been going into Analysis to stop the session .
Hasnt been working.
Would be nice if there were a dedicated Stop Session button in Red.

BT
2002 Boxster S

BruceT

Post by BruceT »

Another subject.
Has the RC app ever had the promised native support for the Shift light module? I thought it was sold to work on RC Track Mk1.
2002 Boxster S

BruceT

Post by BruceT »

I verified the RC app permissions and storage is permitted.
I tried several different folders.
No go. Same error.

WTH? This surely has changed since I didn't have that issue before the latest couple of app updates.
What next? Wipe and re-install app? I'll surely loose the data files.
2002 Boxster S

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

there was a change we were forced to make due to Google's changing API requirements, and this required handling how permissions are requested for apps. However, with permissions enabled you should still be able to save to the file system.

One thing you can do is install an Android file manager, and create a new folder under a location on the device, like the DCIM folder.

e.g.

DCIM/test

Once you create that folder, try finding that folder using the RaceCapture app and exporting your file to that folder you created.

Let us know if that works.
Attachments
screenshot_20190520-191748_package_installer.jpg
screenshot_20190520-191748_package_installer.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 6928 times