App Auto-starts and Forces itself to the front

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
STAATS

App Auto-starts and Forces itself to the front

Post by STAATS »

I have RaceCapture App installed on my AVIN Avant-3 HU and I have not added it to the auto-start list or anything but every now and then it auto-starts and then once it does it forces itself to be the only open app. This is extremely annoying when I am trying to watch my GPS directions or change music or watch my speed on the IBUS app.

Is there a reason it keeps doing this?

I do notice that the USB connection I am using is not stable so potentially when that drops out and reconnects it forces the app to open? I had a similar issue when I had it over BT connection.

In any case for the moment I have to delete it and then just re-install it the night before a track day and set it all up from scratch... I'd rather it just open and force itself to the front when I ask it to at the track not just whenever it wants to...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

What you're seeing is likely due to the wake-lock feature to prevent the device from 'sleeping'. There's not much we can do about this at the moment, sorry.

For USB, check if you're seeing the connection dropping with another device (laptop, or Android tablet with OTG). If it only happens with the unit in the car, you could check the cable, or there could be a stability problem with the USB system on that dashboard.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter