Can't get RC applicatioin to run on macOS

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
aUzer

Can't get RC applicatioin to run on macOS

Post by aUzer »

Subsequent to my failure to have the RC application run on macOS 10.12.6, I ended up building 3 virtual macOS environments (using VMware Fusion) only to find that the RC application fails launch on macOS 10.15.4, 11.6 and 12.1 (using iMac18,3 with 64 GB memory, VMs assigned 2 processor cores and 8 GB memory).

I've attached the logs ... any idea how to solve these issues?
RC 2.2.0 log macOS 10.15.4.txt
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
RC 2.2.0 log macOS 11.6.txt
(21.74 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
RC 2.2.0 log macOS 12.1.txt
(25.79 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Can't get RC applicatioin to run on macOS

Post by brentp »

The logs don't have very much information that is useful.

We have not tested running the app in a VM, so it is not certain how much fidelity they have vs an actual environment. We're not in a place right now to test it in a VM.

If you can test it on the latest 12.x Monterey running on an actual machine, please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

aUzer

Post by aUzer »

So that's it ... I'm "dead in the water" because I can't run the latest version of the OS on real hardware? That seems rather harsh.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

An educated guess - one thing you could do is check the Graphic settings in your VM, especially any OpenGL settings that may be available. The RaceCapture app relies on accelerated graphics provided by the OS, and running it in a VM may impede that.

Also, you might try running it inside a Windows VM to see if you have better luck.

We haven't certified the app to run on *any* VM environment, so if it doesn't work in that context, we wouldn't be able to do anything to rectify it.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter