Hello From Colorado - E46

Stop by and say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics will get you +5HP!
rkymthiker

Hello From Colorado - E46

Post by rkymthiker »

Hi Everyone!

Recently installed RaceCapture/Track in my 330ci ZHP that use for autox and HPDE. I wired it up to the CAN wires on the steering angle sensor. At first I tried what looked like CAN wires above the dead pedal but couldn't get any data.

The app is running on a Galaxy S5 mounted on top of the steering column using a RAM X-Grip mounted to a removable RAM ball that slides into a track.

For now the wire runs out through the storage compartment in the dash. When not in use the wire can be rolled up and stored out of sight. The unit is mounted to the dash using 3m Command Strips. So far it seems very secure, but we'll see how well they hold up in the summer heat.

There is data for throttle position, RPM, coolant temperature, oil temperature, outside air temperature, steering angle, and fuel level.

I can't read any data for the clutch or brake switches, and have not tried the wheel speed sensors yet.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for dropping in! Super clean interior.

Not all E46 mappings are available - it's dependent on the car and how it was optioned. If the channel isn't showing any data, I'd recommend just removing it from the channel list.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter