Greetings from Nebraska

Stop by and say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics will get you +5HP!
mcenhillk

Greetings from Nebraska

Post by mcenhillk »

I autocross a KBS Mark IV Formula 500. Basically a snowmobile on race tires.

<insert photo because I need the +5HP>
20181104-_DSC0007_S.jpg
20181104-_DSC0007_S.jpg (48.93 KiB) Viewed 4460 times
I picked up the RaceCapture/Track as part of the Solostorm package. I didn't pick up the RaceCapture/Pro because of the cost and (at the time) I didn't think I needed any other sensors. Well, now I'm trying to add sensors to the car and adding them to the Track is turning out to be interesting. I've dabbled in embedded systems as a hobby so I'm basically trying to make a AnalogX+GPIO for the 5 channels I need and two others I want. We'll see how that goes and whether I can get it done before Autosport Labs finally releases some of their toys they have been hinting at on the Facebook (Analog2X and maybe a GPIOX?).

Kevin

Canyonfive

Re: Greetings from Nebraska

Post by Canyonfive »

Very cool. For the GLORY!!!! Lol.

Glad to see another autoxer. Are you incorporating it with solostorm as well?

mcenhillk

Post by mcenhillk »

Right now, I'm only using Solostorm. I don't have any other data other than GPS and accelerometer. The data I need is my two EGTs to keep my pistons from melting, coolant temp so I can stop draining the grid battery once the engine is cool, and the primary and secondary RPM so I can tune my clutches. It would be nice to add brake pressures and steering angle to illustrate my lack of driving talent.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Welcome! RaceCapture can integrate any CAN data source, so you can use our mapping technology to get that done:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_Integration

We have a massive upgrade coming to the RaceCapture app, both in analysis and dashboard capabilities - we are currently beta testing it with users. Here are some demos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUA91_M69m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1zXV-AVQY

We will post an announcement in the RaceCapture app section on how to get on the beta.

Cheers,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

mcenhillk

Post by mcenhillk »

Thanks for the heads up about the beta announcement. Unfortunately, my race season is over because I have to travel for work for the rest of the season.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ah, work never ends. The new app will work with your existing data logs so you can analyze your data while in the hotel bar, or wherever you go. :)