Soft rev limiter question

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

-Ad-

Soft rev limiter question

Post by -Ad- »

Is the soft limiter able to stop the engine revs increasing, or is that the job hard type limiter.
The reason i ask is that im planning on a limiter at around 7100rpm, so the soft limiter would trigger at 7000rpm.

And as the hard limiter hardware isn't available to buy yet, would the 7000rpm soft limiter be able to stop revs increasing over say 7100/7200rpm? Or would they still increase, albeit slowly due to no ignition advance?

:)
________
Ct90
Last edited by -Ad- on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

If your engine is anything like mine, you'll find that power just disappears when the soft-cut comes on - the engine's running, but no rpm increase.

However, if you're in this state and put your foot on the clutch then the rpm will probably rise a bit due to the lack of engine load.

-Ad-

Post by -Ad- »

Ok, thanks.
I might be ok just using the soft limiter for now then.

Till i get the hard limiter add-on board.
________
List Of Penny Stocks
Last edited by -Ad- on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supercharged Nat

Post by Supercharged Nat »

mines the same, when it cuts in the engine just wont rev anymore! (not surprising seeing how it would be around 30 degrees of advance at that point, cutting 20 out of it is cripling.)

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

My engine runs much higher than the soft rev limit when in neutral (set it to 2000rpm and try it) - so fluffed gear changes/exploding clutches etc might mean that your engine goes higher than the soft rev limit

But under any sort of load, I can't get past the soft rev limit at all

BTW the advance goes to real 0BTDC, not the EDIS 10BTDC limp-home value

-Ad-

Post by -Ad- »

It should do the job for me then.
Just to stop it over revving.

Obviously dropping it into 2nd gear instead of 4th at 90mph, the limiter wont have any effect. lol
________
WEED VAPORIZER