Megajolt Lite Jr V4 timeout reading cylinder count

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pitcrew6464

Megajolt Lite Jr V4 timeout reading cylinder count

Post by pitcrew6464 »

Hi all im new to the world of megajolt and am having a few beginners problems, hopefully you can help me ive gone through pages of searches but yet to answer my question

i have installed V4.0.2 and installed my usb parrallel reader but when i open up the software it shows in the bottom middle a message "timeout reading cylinder count" i have tried 2 diffrent ports on my laptop currently running windows vista, i hope you can help

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello!

First thing- make sure the serial adapter is showing up under Windows 'device manager'. Note the COM port shown for you adapter and make sure the configuration software reflects this setting.

This part of the Operation Guide will detail these steps:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Op ... erial_Port

Let us know how this works out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

pitcrew6464

Post by pitcrew6464 »

Hi i have gone through the steps checked with multi meter the correct pins to the parralell port go into the mega jolt set correct com number (COM 10) and then applied a 9v battery illuminating the light on the box started the program up again and still the same message :(

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Can you get to a desktop pc with a dedicated serial port to confirm your megajolt can operate? You can power the unit using a 9V battery so you don't have to drag your desktop pc to your car.

It maybe a serial adaptor issue at the moment as they can be awkward at the best of times. I managed to get hold of an old laptop with built in serial connector which works a treat, except the battery in it doesn't work :?
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

pitcrew6464

Post by pitcrew6464 »

perfect stright in with the parallell and now works thanks for the great advice all :) now the hard bit need to find the manual lol

pthm

Post by pthm »

I had the same issue, it was more present when the vehicle was running ended up being the EMI (electromagnetic interference) that is present in all high voltage systems and the serial cable was catching the EMI and creating to messy of a signal.

so the way I fixed this was to wrap aluminum foil around the wire from one end to another and then ground it to the vehicle by using an alligator clip.

now I can sit inside the car while running and tune away and play with the settings

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Interesting results with your shielding!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

speedmerchant

Post by speedmerchant »

Had the same issue. Read my post and my fix. Might work for you.

Best,

Jeff