cardbus serial port adaptor

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

BWM320i

cardbus serial port adaptor

Post by BWM320i »

I have an installed and working MJLJ, with the 3.2.1 firmware and configuration software. However, recently my old win98 laptop gave up the ghost. Since I usually carry my newer winxp laptop with me I would much rather use it instead so I bought a plug-in card with a serial port on it (it appears in the device list as "ch352 pci=>serial"). I can`t get it to work with the Megajolt config software though, it is not communicating. When I connected it to another PC using a null-modem cable, the port seemed to work fine, and it also works with Megatune and an MS1 board with the straight cable. Any thoughts on whether this can be made to work with the MJLJ? Can I use a later version of the software/firmware perhaps?

alexander

Post by alexander »

jsut to ask the obvious question, have you selected a port number for the card, which matches the port setting in MJ software?

cheers.

BWM320i

Post by BWM320i »

After some more tests, I discovered that this setup does work. The plug at the mjlj end has to be just so... I`m guessing there must be a bit of corrosion or maybe a loose solder joint at the db9 connector.