MAP-sensor going ape?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Your processor does not look like it's socketed correctly.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Boy, do I look foolish :oops: :oops: . Pin folded on installation and I didn't notice, not even with reading glasses on and use of a magnifying glass :shock: . Guess I was too preoccupied with checking the soldering connections that I overlooked this.

Vacuum shows a healthy 97 KPa now (barometer reading 970 miliBar). B*gger that I probably have to wait 'till next weekend before I can give it a try. Thanks a lot for all the support Brent; one step closer to being able to post in the "Powered by" gallery :D .

Alex

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

No worries, it happens to the best of us! At least it was an easy fix.

Enjoy your Megajolt! and good job on the soldering, too.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Unfortunately time to bump up this thread. I have used a second MJ V4 as a guinea pig in my attempts to become one of the Bluetooth gang; alas until now in vain. This is a red board that came fully assembled. It worked fine until yesterday, when all of a sudden the MAP-values started to hop from 73KPa to 255Kpa when sucking the MAP-sensor. I drew current for the Bluetooth board from the MAP-sensor. Could drawing current from there have caused instability, leading to either a faulty MAP-sensor or (worse) a faulty reacting processor?

I will doublecheck my trying the other board as well to see what readings that one gives in order to rule out issues on the PC side. It started to have issues very recently so there could be a fault there.

Alex

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Update: The other MJ works fine so there is definitely something fault with the guinea pig. Is there a way to test the MAP sensor by measuring resistance or voltage over the pins?

Alex

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Finally installed a new MAP-sensor, problem still there :( . What else can be checked and how? Is it the processor in the middle of the board U1 that is the culprit?

Alex

tightwad

Post by tightwad »

I realize this is over 3 years old but I have the same question regarding the MAP sensor readings being "feast or famine". I realized in reading this that I too took power from the Map sensor for the Bluetooth module. Is there a chance that in doing so I have messed up the ability to use the MAP sensor?

In my situation (2 stroke, 2 cylinder watercraft) I haven't been using any "load" metrics for spark timing but I wanted to see if I could get any improvement by doing so, but have been frustrated by the lack of an load curve.

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

The problem didn't disappear after I installed a new MAP-sensor. So I guess the IC that is connected gets fried due to the extra current drawn by the Bluetooth module.

Alex