Trying to connect via Bluetooth.

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bobclevenger

Post by bobclevenger »

Keep me in mind, OK?

I have a couple of suggestions for the configurator software based on my experience using it with a tablet. Should I post them here, or is there a better thread for that?
...Bob

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

definitely post them in the feature requests section!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Back on topic again after a long time. Finally success but unfortunately not on my good old XP pc's. On every 3 of them the connection comes in at COM40. As the Administrator password I know doesn't work in Safety Mode I can't delete COM ports with a lower number. No way to change COM40 either; I tried the tricks suggested but nothing goes. Another option, the use of a program where you can mess with virtual COM ports and connect them gave no positive results either (yet).

On the other hand, there was positive result on my newer Windows 7 job laptop. After finding the switch for the Bluetooth device (never used before on that machine) and installing the MJ software the whole circus fired up at once :D . Bluetooth connection came in at COM5, so no connection trouble at all. Maybe time to look for a cheap used Windows 7 Laptop or (maybe even better) a small tablet if the MJ software can run on that.

Alex

bobclevenger

Post by bobclevenger »

A Win 7 tablet should do nicely.
Glad you got it to work.
...Bob