Tuning a Rover V8 with MJLJ and wideband

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

irony

Tuning a Rover V8 with MJLJ and wideband

Post by irony »

I am currently in the process of tuning my 3.9 RV8 completely standard with MJ, Edlebrock 500 and a innovate LC-2 wideband sensor. I am completely new to this so learning my way forward. I haven't had the courage as yet to change anything on the megajolt default Rover V8 map. I have to do something as the car is running very rich.

I have just fitted my LC-2 and I haven't driven it yet. I just warmed it up on the driveway and then took it up to 3000 RPM. I am just making sense of the datalog at the moment

A couple of things are confusing me about the attached data log. The MAP (LOAD in white on the image). As I press the throttle I was expecting to see a curve similar to the RPM curve but it slopes down slightly then peaks up then drops immediately as I take my foot of the gas. I anyone explain what I am seeing here.

When you are looking at this sort of data for tuning what data retrieval setting do you use. I set mine at 100ms but I have generated a lot of data in a 10 minute run. But at 250ms will I lose important data?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 13.03.55.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 13.03.55.jpg (205.33 KiB) Viewed 4399 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

If your engine is running very rich then adjusting ignition advance may not do anything for you. Can you check the carb settings?

The MAP settings may be due to where it's connected to the manifold. We typically recommend connecting to the same spot where the brake booster is connected, so it always sees manifold vacuum. Where do you have yours connected?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter