is the old KEYSPAN usb serial adapter still supported?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

tomicdesu

is the old KEYSPAN usb serial adapter still supported?

Post by tomicdesu »

i've been using my MJLJ for some years now without troubles. i need to redo spark maps after a major build, i went to drag out the Keyspan USB adapter that i've been using since the Stone Age (or at least Medieval times) and the MJLJ tuner program doesn't like it. "timeout reading config data" etc. (i tried other versions back to 3.3.0)

i am certain it has the correct port (COM3): if i choose others i get 'cant open port'. i also did the basic test of opening COM3 with a terminal program at 38400, typing C, S, etc getting appropriate responses (unreadable of course, but the same each time, and does not work at 19200, 57600, etc).

do i have to buy a new serial adapter with an FTDI chip? or can i continue to use my old coal-powered Keyspan?

tomicdesu

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Post by tomicdesu »

all i needed to do was sacrifice MORE chickens, and the $DIETY was appeased and lo! it works.

umm, that plus install configurator 4.0.2. not 3.x

the problem is that when i google "mjlj tuner program" i was taken to the 3.x download page, https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/MJLJ_V3_Downloads . my best excuse is that that page doesn't say "LEGACY VERSION USE 4.x!" and i am dense and need reminders like that.

also i have an old silver box (new in 2010?), so 3.x didn't flag any mental warnings, etc.

anyway thought i'd leave this thread in place as a warning to others etc. i thought to double-check version when i saw another thread where Brent asked version and i thought ... hmm...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Glad you got it working!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter