Too much load?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rumsawatti

Too much load?

Post by rumsawatti »

Hello all, new member here. I recently built a Chevy S10 with a small block 350 and got it running on Megajolt lite, the truck runs well and has no major problems. Power is pretty decent too, however I noticed something that bothers me a bit and just wanted some input/advice. When I look at the map with the truck running, the load is constantly at 100kpa. It moves horizontally across the 100 axis and doesn't change loads at all. It seems to be advancing and revving fine but wont move to any other load besides 100. The gas mileage is pretty bad and im curious if this might be cause of that and how I can fix this. The truck has a decent sized cam in it with very low vacuum, but even with a milder cam that made about 15hg vacuum it still operated at 100. Please let me know if any clarifications, pictures, or videos are needed. Again, all input is appreciated.

PS: It is running without a tps or map hooked up.

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Is the Megajolt you use MAP or TPS? If if is MAP and you haven't hooked up the built in sensor to the inlet manifold the system thinks you are running at wide open throttle, hence 100% load.

Alex

rumsawatti

Post by rumsawatti »

Thanks for the reply. It is a TPS unit, but there is no tps hooked up to the carb.

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

When you have a TPS version you can never get a reading in kPa; if you do you are running in the wrong modus. Quite possible you get a reading of 100% load, which might be because you don't have a TPS sensor hooked up.

Alex