Setting load bins with dual webers

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

BGTSpitfire

Setting load bins with dual webers

Post by BGTSpitfire »

My Engine
Spitfire 1500 ported and polished head 4-2-1 header and dual DCOE 40 carbs. equal length 3/16" vacuum lines going to a 70cc reservoir then 1/8" line going to Megajolt.

My Question
I just got my car running on the megajolt and now it is time to tune it. My engine will not go down below 60KPa at idle. Does it make sense to set the low value in the load bins at 60 then go up by 5KPa steps to finish at 105KPa the bottom of the column? Why have values in the top half of the map that will never be used because the vacuum will never go that low? I must be missing something. The car is snowed in at the moment so I'm trying to get my head around this if the weather should break.
Thanks
Mike

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

You'll be pulling less than 60kPa at higher revs under normal driving conditions so you will need bins at lower pressure. Hook up your pc and take the car tot a spin, then you'll find out quickly enough what your lowest bin value should be. Maybe the TPS version should fit your setup better.

Alex

BGTSpitfire

Post by BGTSpitfire »

I suppose that sitting in the barn does nothing to simulate on the road conditions. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can start playing with my map