Problems communicating with MJ/E

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

617sqn

Problems communicating with MJ/E

Post by 617sqn »

Hi All,

I used to be able to communicate with my Megajolt/E fine. When I sold on my original Megajolt Lite (built from a kit back in the day), I was also stupid enough to include the cable !! Why, I don't know !? Anyway, since then I've bought a replacement cable and 2 different Serial to USB adaptors, but get nowhere with trying to connect. I know that the ECU is working, as if I disconnect it, there is an instant change in the engine suggesting that it has gone into "limp home mode". Is it possible that I've downloaded a config software version thats too new for the Firmware in the MLJ ?? If so, how can I discover which firmware version I have ??I've just this minute ordered ANOTHER serial to USB adaptor from Trigger-wheels.com just in case mine are too cheap , although I can detect them in the laptop's ports.

Help would be much appreciated.

Andy Gill.
England

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

The firmware and software has not changed for quite some time, so the software you have is guaranteed to be the right one for the current unit.

One thing you can do is find a local user with a MJ and see if they can communicate with it, and vice versa. That would be a great troubleshooting step.

Cheers - let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

617sqn

Mlj

Post by 617sqn »

I tried the new serial to USB adapter, but it still doesn't communicate. I've even tried it at the house, with battery power on my PC, to no avail, so I think the fault may be a physical one with the Megajolt itself.

So I guess I'm stuck with it until I can afford the latest version with USB connection.

Andy G