NO SPARK ADVANCE

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

o07wray

NO SPARK ADVANCE

Post by o07wray »

My Megajolt Jr has stopped sending spark advance.. my timing light shows only 10deg.. and its fixed.. my downloaded program map shows cells with 20+deg and it stays at 10deg.. The vacuum port (MAP sensor) is correct and it shows on the MJ jr's gauge and its variable with motor rpm.. My PIP & SAW connections are correct too.. BUT I STILL HAVE NO ADVANCE..

And on another note: When bench testing with my 9v batt, I would get " timeout cylinder count" and I cant do anything,,, the port is connected..but when I plug it into my EDIS on the running vehicle it logs in fine with no errors reported at the bottom of the window..
BUT I STILL HAVE NO ADVANCE.

Chevy 1996 S10 2.2l 4cly
converted to carb, balancer mounted 36-1 reluctor, newly rebulit motor, Had MJ jr for 10 yrs working fine till now.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: NO SPARK ADVANCE

Post by brentp »

Sounds like it could be a hardware error. If you haven't emailed us already, email [email protected]
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter