Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
DocWalt

Re: Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Toyota GT86

Post by DocWalt »

Mugenlude wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 pm I can get the info via OBD2 channels. If this data is pulled just as fast as going the CAN channels route then you would be correct, I'm making it harder than I need to.

I was under the impression we wanted to use CAN channel route over the OBD2 channels when possible due to the data rate, and others seem to be getting RPM via CAN.
Ideally you'd use CAN, yes. But I think you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. RPM doesn't make huge changes very quickly, 25Hz is fine and that seems totally fine over OBD2. Even 10Hz is adequate, but I get wanting more rapid data that's all nicely synchronized.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Can we summarize the latest work here versus the System preset we have for the BRZ ? Should we update it with the preset linked here?

Thanks for the great work on this!

-Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

custerjw

Post by custerjw »

Car is a 2013 Scion FR-S, and I'm having some issues getting the mapped CAN channels to output properly in the dash or anywhere else. I pulled down the BRZ/FR-S presets and used that list to generate the CAN mapping shown below. Interestingly, the battery voltage is coming through correctly, but the TPS signal is garbage, and I'm getting zeroes for steering and brake, though the settings match what crimespree's pictures showed.

I'm totally new to all this, not sure where I went wrong with what seemed to be plug-and-play. Any insight or suggestions?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220512-231913_Race Capture.jpg
Screenshot_20220512-231913_Race Capture.jpg (132.26 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
Screenshot_20220512-233718_Race Capture.jpg
Screenshot_20220512-233718_Race Capture.jpg (158.22 KiB) Viewed 4615 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hm, not sure! This preset has been available for a while. Try posting your question to our facebook group: http://facebook.com/AutosportLabs - someone there might have insight.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter