E46 CAN Mapping Questions

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
rkymthiker

E46 CAN Mapping Questions

Post by rkymthiker »

Hi Everyone,

I have RaceCapture/Track (firmware 2.12.0) installed in my 2005 330ci and can read coolant temp, oil temp, air temp, RPM, TPS, fuel level, and steering angle.

I'm not getting any data for the brake, clutch, and cruise switch using the E46 preset configuration.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Not all channels are available on all variants for E46 - especially the brake pressure sensor - it seems to show up on only some E46 variants.

As the integration was contributed by other users, we're not sure on Clutch and Cruise. Hopefully another E46 user can respond!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

STAATS

Post by STAATS »

I have an E46 M3 and also get nothing for the E46 preset brake, clutch or cruise switch reads

I know my car won't have brake pressure over CAN but it should have the brake switch...

I also had to change the TPS and RPM from 10Hz (pre-configured) to 25Hz to get them to work properly

I tried flicking through different setting on the clutch switch with no luck so far...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Your experience is common - not all E46's have access to those particular channels. If they don't work for you, simply remove them from the CAN channel mapping.

Thanks for the report!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

xerox19

Re: E46 CAN Mapping Questions

Post by xerox19 »

Hi guys,

sorry to wake up the topic again.

Did anyone manage to pull up lambda readings from canbus?
I need to monitor my lambda readings and would be sad to buy new lambda gauge just for this when I already have MK2 wired on canbus.

Thanks in advance :wink:

brentp
Site Admin

Re: E46 CAN Mapping Questions

Post by brentp »

I don't believe Lambda information is available from the E46.

If you get a wideband air-fuel gauge that has CAN bus, then you can wire it into the 2nd CAN bus network on RaceCapture and map the data that way.

Hope this helps,