Megasquirt PnPPro - CAN Data?

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
ElasticAntelope

Megasquirt PnPPro - CAN Data?

Post by ElasticAntelope »

Hoping this is the right place. I'm having trouble getting CAN data to flow from my Mazdaspeed MX-5's MSPNP Pro to a RaceCapture-Track mk2. I followed the instructions available online to build an RJ45 cable to run from the 24 pin connector on my Megasquirt to the RaceCapture. When I connect the cable to the car and turn the key to run, I get power to the RaceCapture and can connect to it with my Android tablet, but I don't appear to be getting usable CAN data. My dashboards screens don't update/remain as blank gauges.

I loaded the Megasquirt configuration in the RaceCapture app, and double-checked that my CAN1 Baud rate is set to 500k in the app.

I've tried to google my way through the problem, and that brought me to look at the scripting section of the app. When I pull the log for "info" I get two lines repeated:
[649.0]: 0.0, 0.0, 111.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
[809.0]: 0.0, 113.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

When I pull the log for "debug" I get those two lines, as well as a repeated message mixed in:
[CAN Device]: timeout rx CAN message

Just to (hopefully) rule out a wiring issue, I swapped my CAN-H and CAN-L wires, and when I powered up the car and connected the RaceCapture, this is the only message I get when I pull the log for "info" in scripting:
Timeout: no CAN data.

Because the messages differ, my gut tells me that I'm getting some kind of data from the Megasquirt, but some kind of configuration is off. I'd appreciate any help/guidance as to where to go from here to get my dashboard up and running. Thanks!

Canyonfive

Re: Megasquirt PnPPro - CAN Data?

Post by Canyonfive »

Post your .rcp file and your map file your using on your megasquirt. You need to enable canbus in Tunerstudio to turn it on.

ElasticAntelope

Thanks for responding - my .rcp and the TunerStudio file for my MSM are attached here. Appreciate you having a look and any thoughts you have.
Attachments
RCP MSM.zip
(28.99 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Here are the instructions for the Megasquirt: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/Megasquirt_CAN

Note, you will need to enable the correct CAN profile in the megasquirt.

If you were getting some data from the MS, then you had the wiring correct. 2nd step is to focus on enabling the correct broadcast mode in the MS. The MS support groups should help with that.

Hope this helps!

ElasticAntelope

Got it working - totally correct on the MS side being the issue!