MS3 Pro CAN Id's for Generic Sensor Inputs

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
MX-5RACER

MS3 Pro CAN Id's for Generic Sensor Inputs

Post by MX-5RACER »

I am having an issue getting the correct CAN ID's for Generic Sensor input 1 and 2. I brought the oil pressure into Analog input 2 and set it up as generic sensor 2 with plans to use Analog input 1 as oil temp. I looked up the setting in the Megasquirt manuals and it looks like the real time broadcasting should be ID: 1533, Offset 3, Length 2, *1/10+0, but these values did not work. I reached out to DIYAutotune to ask them what the broadcast ID's were, and they gave the following settings ID: 1515, Offset 2 with no length or equation notes. Going from what I can see in the documentation, this is from the simplified Dash broadcasting. Further in the documentation it talks about the realtime numbers and using a base number of 1520, group 13, offset in group 2 and size 2, which I would think would be ID 1533, offset 2, length 2, but this did not work. Does anyone have the correct CAN settings for the generic sensor inputs?
Douglas Q.
1999 Miata (VVT swap)
1990 Miata Track Car (Track Rat, with a VVT swap)
2013 BRZ (STX)

MX-5RACER

Re: MS3 Pro CAN Id's for Generic Sensor Inputs

Post by MX-5RACER »

I am getting data from the Megasquirt on CAN Channel 1533 for the oil pressure sensor, but the data does not make sense from a numbers perspective. The Can data is coming across in the 7000 range when the sensor is showing 30 psi in Tunerstudio. Instead of continuing to bang my head against the wall, I split the signal line from the sensor and sent it to both the Megasquirt and the RaceCapture (Analog input 2).
Douglas Q.
1999 Miata (VVT swap)
1990 Miata Track Car (Track Rat, with a VVT swap)
2013 BRZ (STX)

brentp
Site Admin

Re: MS3 Pro CAN Id's for Generic Sensor Inputs

Post by brentp »

That works too! Other than that, you can adjust the formula in the CAN mapping in the RaceCapture app. Megasquirt support should help you with that conversion.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter