VW Mk7 Reverse Engineering

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
MattyYagr

VW Mk7 Reverse Engineering

Post by MattyYagr »

I'm new to CAN mapping and using a RaceCapture Track for my Mk7 VW Golf R. Currently trying to identify the TPS sensor figuring that should be an easy place to start. I'm logging through RealTerm, converting into an Excel spreadsheet with filters to see individual channels, but unable am unable to identify the channel for TPS from my data. With the key on and engine off I depressed the pedal to max and back to zero twice and thought I would see a pattern of bits from 0-255 corresponding to my inputs but nothing seems to correlate. What am I doing wrong?

MattyYagr

Re: VW Mk7 Reverse Engineering

Post by MattyYagr »

UPDATE:

I was able to identify a channel that corresponds with my pedal inputs although the bits range from 40-220 rather than 0-255. This gives a me a gauge reading on Dashboard of around 16-86%, could this be the correct channel and just need an adjustment to the formula? I also noticed that when I use the OBD channel for TPS the gauge is giving the same readings.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: VW Mk7 Reverse Engineering

Post by brentp »

Brake or TPS? Sounds like in the other post you're figuring out the brake pedal.

If it's TPS, and you're convinced it's accurate and consistent, then you could apply a formula and call it a day.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter