Read first: OBDII PID mapping

Discussion and research on OBDII integration, especially on OEM specific PIDs from Ford, GM, Chevrolet, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and others.
brentp
Site Admin

Read first: OBDII PID mapping

Post by brentp »

Common SAE standard OBDII PIDs covering RPM, TPS, Engine Temperature and others already exist as presets in the RaceCapture system, but it gets interesting when we can start extracting OEM specific OBDII data.

The RaceCapture system starting with firmware 2.11.0 and app 1.9.0 provide the ability to perform custom OEM PID requests - commonly known as Mode 22 (aka hexadecimal 22) and will be able to unlock additional data from the ECU.

Some manufacturers provide this information freely, but more often than not, PIDs need to be reverse engineered, and much research has been done in this area already.

You're welcome to post here for inquiries, sharing research on existing OEM PIDs and results from your own testing and reverse engineering.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

bauernjunge

Post by bauernjunge »

Hello,
referring to this list:
http://obdcon.sourceforge.net/2010/06/obd-ii-pids/
There a a lot of Standard PIDs available which could be easily included by some presets.

I´m struggeling to implement values with a length of 2 bytes.
Normally the equation is like this:
A/2 – 64

But with 2 bytes:
((A*256)+B)/32768 where A is the first and B the second byte.
This I cannot implement this in the equation of the GUI, right?

How to I process this in Lua Scripting?

Thanks
Harald

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Yes you should be able to do this equation. The A*256) + B portion is actually the extraction of a value from two bytes.

So, you would specify a value length of 2 in the CAN mapping, and then use the formula to do the rest ( / 32768 )

We have it described here in more details:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RC_OBDII ... ue_mapping

Hope this helps,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter