FRS / BRZ OEM PID support

Discussion and research on OBDII integration, especially on OEM specific PIDs from Ford, GM, Chevrolet, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and others.
brentp
Site Admin

FRS / BRZ OEM PID support

Post by brentp »

Another popular one - this thread tracks OEM specific PIDs for the Toyota FRS / Subaru BRZ platform. Post here on any knowledge or research you might come across.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

bobel

Post by bobel »

Great idea for a thread, the FRS/BRZ/GT86 really needs this as it has the oil temperature buried in the OBDII.

I'm not sure how this relates to the racecapture but for the Torque app apparently this is the PID setting for oil temperature

OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 (no space between A and C; "AC" is the location within the response)
OBD Header: 7E0

Would be great if someone could tell me how to set this up on my racecapture as it's the primary reason I bought it for my GT86 Racecar. Does the latest version of the app now let you customise the OBDII PIDs?
My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell may cars and parts for what I said they cost

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for that. The combination of the 2.11.0 firmware (releasing this week) and the 1.9.0 software allows the customization of OBDII PIDs on top of the built-in support for SAE standard channel presets like RPM, TPS, EngineTemp, etc.

This week we'll also be updating our OBDII guide to illustrate how this works.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

bobel

Post by bobel »

Perfect cheers Brent, I've updated the android app just need to update the racecapture/track firmware. I will see what other FRS/BRZ PIDs I can find and update the thread.
My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell may cars and parts for what I said they cost

crimespree

Post by crimespree »

so the new firmware is out and I am keen to get this working with some custom BRZ PIDS,
oil temp and brake pressure are close to the top of the wishlist.
Attached is the data i've found but will need to put it into recapture correctly. That's where i need help!
Attachments
86 Standard PIDs.pdf
(130.04 KiB) Downloaded 465 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi! So, those look like SAE standard OBDII PIDs - didn't see any OEM specific (mode 22) PIDs in there.

You can map these by creating a new OBDII channel, and setting the mode, PID and the proper conversion formula.

We have pre-set OBDII PIDs for the SAE standard channels we feel people would be most interested in- all you have to do is select it and all the other settings are pre-populated.

If there's another PID not in our dropdown list, try making a custom mapping and see if that works.

Post your testing results here!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

mkarr

Post by mkarr »

One non-standard pid for the FRS/BRZ would be the oil temperature PID. This is a PID 0x01 with mode 0x21. The response is a multiframe message. Something like this would be nice to support.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. Do you have additional information on what other channels might be in that multi-frame message?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

crimespree

Post by crimespree »

You are correct Brent, yes that list was the standard ones, some of they may be handy but really the oil temp is the one I imagine we all want, and it wasn't in there anyway!

All I have is the info same as above:

PID 2101
Min -40
Max 215
Scale x1
Unit Type C
Equation AC-40
OBD Header 7E0

Just not sure if or how this can be used with RC :) maybe not supported as above?

mkarr

Post by mkarr »

I am unsure of what else is specifically in that message. Probably something nice. There is also the Fuel Level PID at:

Mode: 0x21
PID: 0x29
Offset: 0xA
Unit: Percent