Chevrolet LS3 PID Mapping (SS Sedan)

Discussion and research on OBDII integration, especially on OEM specific PIDs from Ford, GM, Chevrolet, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and others.
Rosaki

Chevrolet LS3 PID Mapping (SS Sedan)

Post by Rosaki »

Im attempting to get a few PID's from torque ported over to the Racecapture system now that 32bit PID are supported. Im having a few issues getting it to work. Below are the PID's I know to work in Torque that I am trying to implement. There is a long list of GM specific PID's that could be imported as well in the future once I know one works.

This is being attempted on my Racecapture Track running 2.12.0 Firmware.

From Torque App:
PID: 221154
Equation: A-40
Oil Temp

PID: 221470
Equation: A*0.578
Oil Pressure

I have tried various combinations of PID's with the mode set to 34 and no data has been received yet. Below is what has been tried for oil temp PID's:

221154 (from torque)
2232660 (from torque converted to dec if hex)
1154 (without 22, dec)
4436 (without 22 convert to dec if hex)

Below is a section from the cfg file:

Code: Select all

{
          "add": -40.0,
          "bigEndian": false,
          "bm": false,
          "bus": 0,
          "div": 1.0,
          "filtId": 0,
          "id": 0,
          "idMask": 0,
          "len": 1,
          "max": 300,
          "min": 0,
          "mode": 34,
          "mult": 1.0,
          "nm": "OilTemp",
          "offset": 0,
          "pass": false,
          "pid": 221154,
          "prec": 0,
          "sr": 10,
          "type": 0,
          "ut": "F"
        }

Any suggestions? Im by no means a programmer / coder so I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - thanks for posting here.

I just realized something - I think torque collapses the mode and the PID together - note the '22' at the beginning of the torque PID. I think this is the mode, in hex.

Try removing the 22 and just try the 1154.

If torque is prefixing with the '22' mode, then the entire number might be in hex, too. So, try specifying 4436 as the PID. (0x1154 = 4436)

4436 is a 16 bit number, so you should be able to do this from within the RaceCapture app UI, without editing the config file.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Rosaki

Post by Rosaki »

I have tried the following into the Racecapture with no luck. All show as mode 34 in the cfg file i just pulled.

Any other suggestions? I assume this should be very similar to most if not all GM cars with an LS engine? Anyone try racecapture over OBD2 with one

Ill keep trying here in the mean time....

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We'll have to dig a little deeper, possibly with a custom Lua script to do some diagnosis.

Question, do the standard channels otherwise work correctly?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Rosaki

Post by Rosaki »

brentp wrote:We'll have to dig a little deeper, possibly with a custom Lua script to do some diagnosis.

Question, do the standard channels otherwise work correctly?
Unfortunately still no luck here with trying a few more numbers / combinations. Yes, I can confirm that the RPM and ECT both read / update as expected so I am sure it is communicating with the car correctly.

Let me know if you need me to do anything from my end. Im pretty much out of options / things to try at this point.

Thanks for looking into this!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Sorry for the delay; we still have this on our list. Will get back with a sample script for you to try shortly.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Horto22

Re: Chevrolet LS3 PID Mapping (SS Sedan)

Post by Horto22 »

The PID's that work for my 2017 Holden VF11 Motorsport or Chevy SS are

Oil Pressure PID= 4444,

Oil Temp (calculated), PID =4436
Note when I look at data using HP Tuners scanner or the HP Tuner Nguage there are 2 oils temp readings, Oil temp (Calculated) and Oil Temp(Sensor), and they show slightly different numbers.
PID (22115C)= 4444 returns the oil temp (Calculated) data. As yet I've been unable to find the PID for the actual Oils temp Sensor which I assume would be the more accurate.Typically the Oil temp Sensor will read slightly higher at the top end by 5 to 8 deg Celsius.

As a work around I've adjusted the Formula in race capture to more closely match for the Oil temp(sensor) data at the higher temp levels to Raw x 1.0 / 1.0 - 35 Celsius.

I've also altered the TPS formula so it returns readings ranging from 0-100% when you are off throttle or flat to the floor. Standard TPS was returning 22 -82. Revised Formulae=Raw x 1.0 / 1.55 - 35
If anyone knows the PID for the actual Oil Temp (Sensor) and can share that would be great. I'm happy to compile and share a list of all the PID's that are found to work for this car.

Cheers Horto