New to RaceCapture, have some questons

Discussion and research on OBDII integration, especially on OEM specific PIDs from Ford, GM, Chevrolet, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and others.
kendogg

New to RaceCapture, have some questons

Post by kendogg »

Hello,

First off, I know a few people who know this product very well, but I always bug them with questions - so I'll bug everybody here :D Not even sure if this is the proper forum to be posting this, so please feel free to tow this if I posted this in the wrong place.

I'm interested in the RaceCapture product line for a few of my customers, and myself included. LOVE the BMW CAN integration, but what about LS? I have a few drift car customers whom I'm trying to steer this way, and most of them are trailered racecars. What data can we get out of a stock LS PCM via the OBD2 port, without having to add extra sensors? And if we DO want to add extra hardware, such as a fuel level sensor from a fuel cell or a wideband input - which product would I be wanting to look at?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for posting! Moving this to the OBDII PID section.

The first source of information are the forums where people with LS engines congegate - there you may find discussions on any OBDII data or reverse engineering that may have already been done.

Once the information is available, it can be mapped into our software using the tools we provide. So - check with those enthusiasts to see if they know anything!

If you want to blend hard-wired sensors as well as OBDII data, then the system that likely meets your needs is RaceCapture/Pro MK3. You can learn more about it here: https://www.autosportlabs.com/racecapture_mk3_apex/

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter