Data from OBDII

Discussion and research on OBDII integration, especially on OEM specific PIDs from Ford, GM, Chevrolet, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mazda, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi and others.
mihayloj

Data from OBDII

Post by mihayloj »

I am rather inexperienced in OBDII knowledge and how it is incorporated with RaceCapture. We currently have the RaceCapture Pro MK3 and have done some basic testing with the system connected via OBDII with a couple different vehicles. It seems that the only data that is being tracked comes from the RaceCapture Pro unit itself and the GPS (accelerometer/location), no data from the vehicle by the OBDII connection.

Is there a specific configuration needed to extract the data from the OBDII connection? We are looking to record RPM, battery info, oil temp, etc.
-J. Mihaylov
Telemetry Project Manager
Eagle Works Advanced Vehicle Lab
http://www.eagleworksavl.com/

s|ck

Post by s|ck »

I ended up selling mine for this reason, it's impossible to import PIDs from your vehicle into RaceCapture and support is terrible. :?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

First question, what year/make/model is your car? For 2008+ vehicles, RaceCapture can talk directly to the car's CAN OBDII port. For earlier years (1996-2007) the Legacy OBDII adapter is needed.

With the latest RaceCapture app 2.12.0 you can import presets for essential OBDII channels - you can access this under setup.

Go to Setup, then OBDII. You can select the preset for basic OBDII channels, or you can add individual channels using the (+) button.

You should be able to see the essential channels like:

* RPM
* EngineTemp
* TPS (throttle positiion)
* MAP (Manifold Pressure)
* FuelLevel

Other channels are possible depending on your ECU's support.

Thanks - Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

mihayloj

Post by mihayloj »

Awesome, we will be implementing your suggestion and see if it works for us. I will post back as an update.

Thank you so much!
-J. Mihaylov
Telemetry Project Manager
Eagle Works Advanced Vehicle Lab
http://www.eagleworksavl.com/

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great, let us know how it works!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter