AnalogX Analog Input Offset Documentation Error

Q&A for AnalogX Analog to CAN interface. <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AnalogX">Installation and Operation Guide</a>
DougK

AnalogX Analog Input Offset Documentation Error

Post by DougK »

The documentation for the AnalogX shows the analog input offsets as 0, 2, 4, and 6 for analog inputs 1, 2, 3, and 4. This is reversed. It took me 2 days to figure this out, but I'm positive this is the case. You can see this by watching the serial data with HyperTerminal and un-grounding a single analog input at a time. The data for analog input 4 comes in first (the grounded inputs will be all 0's, each input will have 2 numbers).

Here is what the mapping should be:

Input Offset
1 6
2 4
3 2
4 0

Doug

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Doug, we'll check it out; thanks for alerting us to it.

Do you specifically mean the CAN output API in this case?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

DougK

Post by DougK »

The documentation here:

https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AnalogX

says Analog input 1 is on the Blue wire, and channel 1 is at the base address + 20. If I configure a channel in RaceCapture using Base+20 and map it to a Dashboard display it will display the data on the Brown wire, which is channel 4, and is supposed to be at Base+6. Similarly for the other 3 wires, in reverse order. So, either the wire colors are reversed or the offsets are reversed on the webpage.

Doug

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thank you. We'll double check and make corrections as needed.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

BruceT

Post by BruceT »

I can verify what DougK said about the incorrect offsets.
I had the exact same issue.

Input 1 (blue wire) is offset 6 (not 0)
Input 2 (purple wire) is offset 4
Input 3 (pink wire) is offset 2
Input 4 (brown wire) is offset 0

I just finished the installation of 1 AnalogX module in my 2002 Porsche Boxster S.
The car does not have CAN integration on the OBD2 connector (although I thought it was the first year Porsche did on the Boxster), so I had to tap into the Race Capture Track side CAN wires. I did this by using an RJ45 parallel wiring splitter, then connecting the RC cable to the input side of the splitter, 1x 3 foot CAT5 cable to an output of the splitter and back to the Legacy OBD2 connector, and a second 3 foot CAT5 cable connected to the third port on the splitter on one side, and spliced the other side of the cable CAN wires into the AnalogX CAN wires. This works perfectly as I went for a test drive to confirm it all works, all except for the Offsets that are incorrect in the documentation.

I can post my schematics if anyone is interested.
2002 Boxster S

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update. Yes, it looks like we had the wiring color codes backwards. it's fixed now in the docs: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AnalogX# ... onnections
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter