coil Per cylinder

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

Patch1 wrote:Could you use an edis 8 module on 4 individual coils on a 4 cylinder engine to give you a sequencial spark.
cribbj wrote:Yes, if you mounted the trigger wheel on the cam drive (1/2 crank speed) and triggered the EDIS8 from there.
good to see you again cribbj. i'm curious then, if you can use the EDIS8 for 4 coils but for a 4cyl only but mount eh VR sensor 90° after the missing tooth normally for an EDIS4 setup.

i'm asking because then i could reduce the wiring and number of EDIS4 units from 2 EDIS4 boxes to 1 EDIS8 sans extra wiring.

any thoughts?
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

cribbj

Post by cribbj »

Hi Doc, a couple of years ago when I was hot & heavy preparing an EDIS setup for my V8 breakin, I had looked into running a pair of EDIS8's from the cam gears to get true sequential on that engine. I forgot what I came up with for positions of the triggers, and I've slept since then, and can't remember a d*mn thing about it now......

One of you RSG's (real smart guys) needs to sit down and figure this out. I remember that I had it all worked out, and was sure it would work, and was just short of modifying a set of cam gears to mount the trigger wheels and try it.
Over the hill, low on compression, and sometimes not firing on all cylinders, just like my cars.

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

cribbj wrote:Yes, if you mounted the trigger wheel on the cam drive (1/2 crank speed) and triggered the EDIS8 from there.
I pondered this for my 924s as I was driving the unit from the cam anyway but you will run in to some weird issues with RMP speeds being very slow at start up. It would also go with out saying that you would have some weird tables as your rpms would behalf that of the actual motor speed. I May try this some day but for now the regular EDIS 4 is such an improvement I am going to run it for a while.
Respectfully

Dean

TMB

Post by TMB »

On ebay i found someone selling Ford Edis 4 with Coil On Plug kit. They where using Mitsubishi/DSM Coils.
Heres a link to seller:
http://global.ebay.com/Ford_EDIS4_EDIS_ ... 72485/item

And found one more who sold with Ford coil on plug.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Will this kit work with my Megajolt unit? And is there any gain by using it?
Live in the speed of life