Megajolt2

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Big Vern

Megajolt2

Post by Big Vern »

Will the Megajolt2 as refered to in your 'state of the nation (well megajolt) address' still require a 36-1 trigger wheel? or will it be able to be triggered by, say a hall sensor in a distributor?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Essentially, Megajolt2 will be an EDIS+MJLJ replacement, with additional capabilities that will transcend the existing system. So, it's primarily a crank-fired ignition system.

Currently, I would envision a programmable distributor-based ignition system as a different project- I would prefer it this way rather than making one piece of hardware try do to everything. This is where other systems become excessively complex and difficult to build, configure and run.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

I know this may be a long way off, but I would be VERY interested in the capability for dual plug. Along with this comes a need for offset of the second set of plugs, depending on combustion chamber shape. This can be done easily enough with two complete Megajolt/EDIS systems working off one VR sensor. But I was wondering if you had considered it, as it would be very sweet (and clean!) to do it with one Mega2 module and one VR and double the coilpacks.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes- once we have direct control over the coil drivers all sorts of interesting things become possible. Likely not for the first release, but should be supportable through software enhancements. Let's continue this topic and others- I'll be making a Megajolt2 section of the forums where stuff like this can live. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Thanks Brent. BTW, I didn't dyno my car, but everyone who drove it was curious where the extra power came from. Just spent the last weekend at Carlisle PA Import/Replica show. The only thing I changed mechanically was the ignition :D

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That is excellent! Has the weather improved enough where you can drive it often?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

It's warm enough, if it would just stop raining :cry:

brains

Megajolt2

Post by brains »

Brent - any information available on Megajolt2 or am i looking in the wrong place ?

Plays with cars

Post by Plays with cars »

Hi Brent, any updates on Megajolt2? Some of the features described would be a great fit for my project compared to the current MJLT + EDIS solution.

Mark
Mark Brown
Porsche 914-6, 2.4, MFI, DIS in process

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Thanks for the interest.
See here for the Megajolt2 annoucement and latest news:
http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?p=12646
Brent Picasso