Mods to V3 unit for Aux input

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

david jenkins

Mods to V3 unit for Aux input

Post by david jenkins »

Brent,

Have you thought about how the V3 unit will be modified to cater for the new Aux input functionality?

The reason I ask is that I am just about to wire in a wideband AFR sensor controller (JAW), and it would be useful if I could make the mods while I've got the dashboard off, even if the firmware upgrade isn't ready yet.

cheers,
David

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

See the pad near the processor labeled "AUX"? with some conditioning circuitry this, with a firmware upgrade, will provide the input for the AUX channel.

V3 firmware & supporting docs will come out sometime after V4 launch.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

redkcspit

Post by redkcspit »

David,
This may be slightly off-topic; but, I was considering purchasing the JAW as well. How easiliy do the two units work together?

Are you using the new version, if so are you planning on using the 'multiple display" capability to build a digital dashboard that could intigrate both the JAW and Megajolt (display AFR, tach, temp?

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

At the moment they won't talk to each other - but (allegedly ;) ) the next MJLT will take a 0 - 5v input to log alongside its own data. The JAW has a suitable output that is ideal for this purpose, so I'm keen to get the MJ unit ready.

I'm not planning to do anything fancy on my dash - the car's a bit frantic and raw, so I'll never have time to look at fancy displays! :D I'm only going to use the JAW for setting up the carbs.

cheers,
David

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

brentp wrote:V3 firmware & supporting docs will come out sometime after V4 launch.
brent,

Any progress with this aux input stuff? Not trying to nag, but it would be really useful at the moment! :D

cheers,
David

alfa boxer

Post by alfa boxer »

brent,

Any news when aux input will be ready for the v3? I am stugling on afr and jetting and this would be great to have right now, with it been summer and all in england we only get three weeks of hot dry weather if were lucky :)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I think I will have it available for testing in about a week or two.

What I'm currently working on is determining if I can get the Advance Correction table to be part of the switchable Ignition Map; I may be able to do this if I can squeeze it in to available RAM.

Other features should port over fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

Hi Brent..

*ahem*, hows that v3 Aux Input code going ? :wink:
I have an application in a week or so it would be useful for.

regards

Brett

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Brett,

Unfortunately this has been back-burnered significantly due to other pressing priorities.

In V3 we will have the advance correction table stored in the "Global Configuration Data" area, which is not part of the main ignition config. What this means is it will be less convenient to do 'on the fly' tuning since any changes to this data requires re-flashing every time.

Otherwise, what we will still have in the upgrade is, matching V4 is:

* 10 point / 10 bin advance correction based on the Aux Input
* Aux Input calibration table (similar to the load calibration table)
* Crank trigger offset
* Separate crank trigger offset setting
* User Defined Outputs trigger-able on Aux/Load/RPM

I will follow up later this week with a more firm timeline on when we can have a beta-version to test- both firmware and new PC software to compliment.

Thanks for your patience!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter