V3 aux input and multiplexer

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dave9469

V3 aux input and multiplexer

Post by dave9469 »

I'm not sure if this is possible or if there would be a memory problem but here goes with my idea.

I've just found out about the aux input can think of a number of inputs I'd love to view from temperature, battery voltage and future wide band (or not as useful narrow band) O2 sensors, oil pressure etc.

What I wondered is with the use of an external multiplexer and using 2 or 3 digital outputs to select the channel 4 or 8 inputs could be scanned into the V3 unit.

I don't use the programmable outputs so this code could be taken out to allow for the additional functionality.

I don't know what signal conditioning would be required but would it be possible to have both voltage input and use a reference voltage to drive a temperature probe as well as reading the voltage from the temperature gauge if the input impedance is high enough not to affect it?

Just a thought and just think of the amount of gauges that could be displayed in the interface.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Dave,

With a change to the firmware and a way to switch between analog signals this would be technically possible. With a 4-16 binary decoder you could use the 4 outputs to potentially read up to 16 data channels.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter