Modification to the MJLJ Case

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Dean924s

Modification to the MJLJ Case

Post by Dean924s »

Brent,

It has come to my attention that the hole in the case fore the map sensor nipple is to small. In its current configuration the barb on the map sensor nipple that "grabs" and retains the vacuum set back resulting it being in line with the case. Because the hole in the case is sized to the nipple on the MAP sensor it prevents the the vacuum line from sliding all the way on to the map sensor and it does not engage the barb. This results in the vacuum line easley slipping off the MAP sensor nipple that protrudes from the on the MJLJ unit.

The fix is to:

1- Have the hole drilled in the case made bigger than the OD of the vacuum line. Say 3/8 or maybe 7/16".

2- Move the map sensor further out.

I would prefer to move the map sensor out more. Can I shim the board in the case? I don't want to drill my case and butcher the case on my unit.
Respectfully

Dean

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Dean,

An additional option is to use small, thin-wall vacuum line- the line we tested with fits within the hole and does engage the barb.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

Unforchinitly it is not sold in either of the three local parts stores. Do you have a brand or specific type that I can order on line?
Respectfully

Dean

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ironically, it seemed to be commonly available in my area- funny that. I've never purchased any online.

I'll fetch a piece and post some pictures and specs.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter