Megajolt Android tuning app

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Looking good. Swiping between screens sometimes takes about 9 or 10 attempts and occasionally requires a reboot of the app on my Samsung Galaxy SII.

How's the bluetooth hardware coming along? I would assume this could be tested with the standard tuner and a bluetooth dongle on the laptop?

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Any more news on this?

richardm57

Mejagolt Android tunning app

Post by richardm57 »

Any more news on this project.

Have just one an Archos 101g9 in a competition :lol: .

Have fun Richard

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Is this project still happening?

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

capri_turbo wrote:Is this project still happening?
+1
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It's been on hold, unfortunately. We're looking at dusting off the code to use in a couple of different applications.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ok, I have the app running in my development environment. I'll poke at it this weekend :)

ian2000t

Post by ian2000t »

Anymore on this? Would love to get it running on my S3.

Or.... are there any Linux MJ programs that would run on a Raspberry Pi based car computer?

Humpty

Post by Humpty »

I'm very keen on this idea.... It's not possible to have a PC in my car at the track, and given that it's not a street car anymore, I don't realistically have other tuning/mapping options....

And since I'm a Apple user by profession (designer), I know next to nothing about this Linux/PC/Android tech..... Please make this happen for us less program literate users out there!!!!

jestes

Post by jestes »

Any updates? I'm building my new motor in the next couple months and my tablet is screaming to run this application.

heresy0uk

Post by heresy0uk »

Hi,
Did you get this finished?
I jusr ordered a bluetooth module for mine and was going to write something but you look like your much further done the road?

Regards
Rob

jestes

Post by jestes »

heresy0uk wrote:Hi,
Did you get this finished?
I jusr ordered a bluetooth module for mine and was going to write something but you look like your much further done the road?

Regards
Rob
I have an implementation of the protocol nearly complete, but it's all developed in C#. If you have access to MonoDroid you could compile it that way. I'll be posting the source on CodePlex soon but I have a few bugs to work out before I do. The other option would be to take what I have done and convert it to Java and then put a new UI on it. I raise events any time anything changes so separating the UI from the logic is very easy. I have also found a Gauge control for Android that could be used if Brent does not offer up his.

jestes

Post by jestes »

I just had a visit with the professors who teach the Senior Projects course at Eastern Washington University. They have agreed to take the Android app project on starting in early April. We will get a team of 3-5 students for 2 full quarters to build this thing. I’ll be visiting the class on the first day of the quarter to sell the idea to them. I’ll also be pointing them to this forum to ask questions, get idea and feedback on progress. I will make sure the source code is published in an open source repository and made available to anyone who is interested in continuing the project.

Start thinking of what you want this thing to look like, any features you want added, features that are included in the PC version you don’t think are needed. The more participation we get from you guys, the better the project will turn out.

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Any progress with this one? I got an android device just for this project and that was 2 years ago now...

jestes

Post by jestes »

capri_turbo wrote:Any progress with this one? I got an android device just for this project and that was 2 years ago now...
Yes. They have an app created that has:
- Functional gauges. (Right now they are hooked up to the light sensor on the tablet.)
- Ignition map editor. (No color and it cannot push or pull the values to or from the hardware yet, but that is in the next few weeks.)
- It will connect to a MegaJolt that has a Serial to Blue Tooth converter wired in and request the global configuration and current state.

The first quarter was all about getting the building blocks all in place. This next quarter, which starts Monday, will be all about making the app functional and usable.

I'm trying to get Brent to donate a controller so the guys have at least 1 real device to play with. Right now they have to use a simulator they built based on the one I have already published but we have no way to ensure it works with real hardware. So far no luck though.

When we get something that is a little closer to usable, I'll post an APK for anyone that wants to try it out. Again, you will have to attach a Serial to BT converter to you MegaJolt.