Feature requests

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

spandit

Feature requests

Post by spandit »

1) Would be nice to have a keystroke to increment the current advance up or down to make it easier to fine tune on the go

2) I'd find it easier when looking at logs if it was obvious when I'd changed ignition configuration - could it enter a new column or put something besides 1 or 0 in the Mark_Interval column?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

For your #1 request, we have something very similar to that, on the 3D tuning screen. Please review this part of the operation guide:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Op ... erspective

For #2, we will make a note of it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

spandit

Post by spandit »

It would also be useful to be able to save both ignition configurations in the same file and allowing the user to flash them at will without needing the hardware switch, or is this impossible with the current design?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I understand what you mean. That isn't possible with the current design. This will be possible with our upcoming Megajolt/C system.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

spandit

Post by spandit »

Bit late for me!

Just thinking, regarding my query about advancing ignition whilst engine is running - it might be possible to wire a variable resistor into one of the auxiliary inputs - can't these then be used to alter the timing depending on output?

I'd also like to be able to scale the RPM gauge to suit my engine's range (redlines at 4,500rpm!) but that's a minor thing...

Do you think there are going to be any more releases of the configurator or are you just concentrating on the MJLJ/C?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, you can use the advance correction table combined with the aux input to tweak your ignition advance up and down.

Actually, we are concentrating on the android phone app at this point, which is Megajolt compatible. You can see that thread here:
http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=3132

With Megajolt/C comes new tuning apps for the laptop & android- improvements made there should trickle down into the current Configuration software!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter