Using a User Output to Simulate a Thermo-Time Switch?

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Ralph C

Using a User Output to Simulate a Thermo-Time Switch?

Post by Ralph C »

I have an old Bosch CIS car that I'm acquiring pieces for to switch from points to EDIS.

As I acquire parts, I wonder where to put them. The coolant temp sender (CTS) needs a hole. There are a couple choices, but I was thinking it would be cool if the MegaJolt ECU could simulate the Thermo-Time Switch (TTS). These switches are getting expensive as I believe they are no longer manufactured.

There might be more to the TTS than I can gather from looking at the spec sheets, but it looks like (as its name implies) it's a simple temperature activated switch coupled with a time activated switch.

Does anyone know if there more to simulating a TTS than adding a few more configuration parameters and a time based switch where the time it stays (open/closed) is a (linear?) function of the configuration parameters and the initial temperature?

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Ralph, I believe it is just a resistance-based temp sender. It could be on-off too: on cold and off once warm. There is no actual time function other than however long it takes your car to warm to a certain temperature where fuel-enrichment isn't needed. A very choke-like function!