VR / Triggerwheel

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

houblebouble

VR / Triggerwheel

Post by houblebouble »

Hello !

Just ordered triggerwheel and EDIS 6 stuff from UK based comp. http://trigger-wheels.com/store/index1.html
also MJLJ V4 MAP vers. - I´m looking forward installing it ...I´ll reporting :wink:

Unfortunately I couldn´t find any inform. about the distance between VR-Sensor and Triggerwheel .
Looking at the pictures in this forum I can see that the sensor is very, very close (subjectiv) to the wheel - now what
space could be left between them maximally , so it works correct : 5 mm ( 0,2 ") or less ???:?

Must I be afraid that the sensor looses connection ( counting the theeth , feeling the gap ) if it´s to far
from triggerwheelsurface ?

Please help me with your experience .

Hannes

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

To ensure the sensor receives the strongest signal, keep the sensor->trigger wheel gap as close to 1mm as possible.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

As Brent says, as close to 1mm as possible. Turn the engine over by hand before starting the first time, to make sure that it's clear ALL the way round!

houblebouble

Post by houblebouble »

Hello !

Thx for replies - I´ll take care that the machining of triggerwheel and damper will be
done very carefully and exact - so that the balance of the damper will be not to much
altered and also the fitted triggerwheel spins around with minimal , or best non , tolerance .

This is , I think , the most difficult and also important thing installing an EDIS and so should be done
by engineers on good turning lathe .

Ciao Hannes

Oliver Sedlacek

Post by Oliver Sedlacek »

1mm is fine for an EDIS. Aa alternative system I installed recently recommended 1.25mm, and there's some latitude on that.