Case for V3

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

capri_turbo

Case for V3

Post by capri_turbo »

Managed to get myself a V3 bare board and processor last week... can anyone advise a case to use, or can anyone in teh UK supply the original type?

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

I believe Maplin do a good selection of boxes for holding circuit boards. The only problem you may have with not using the original case is that the sockets and LED may not fit very well unless you mount them outside the case or something.

Could always email brent ad see if he could sell you one seperate??
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I've offered Colin a highly experimental and exclusive version of a MJLJ V3 case, where I attempted to engrave the MJLJ logo into the case top. Believe me, the picture gives it too much justice. :)
Attachments
PIC-0099.jpg
PIC-0099.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 6360 times

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Cheers Brent.

Won't be able to see the engraving under the dash :(

Once again. Many many thanks.

The car it'll end up in:

2.8injection turbo (Turbo Technics).

Col

socorob

Post by socorob »

do you have a picture of how you mounted the trigger wheel? i have a 2.8 cologne im thinking about MJing, but not sure how to mount the trigger wheel on it. thanks.

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

sorry, not got round to doing this yet. The pulley is a lot larger than my other capri running a Pinto... so not sure how i'm going to do it yet.

socorob

Post by socorob »

My thought was to get a longer crank pulley bolt and use a spacer between the trigger wheel and crank pulley. The pulley is dished so I need a way to bring it out. I have to use a trigger wheel smaller than my crank pulley or else it will hit the crossmember. I can barely get a v belt on. It barely squeezes between my crossmember and pulley. Someone said you shouldn't mount them onto the harmonic balancer so that's why I'm going in front of the pulley. The crank pulley has 4 small bolts around the center bolt. If I get a longer one of those and put a spacer behind it to locate the wheel, will I have any issues with balancing? The other drawback is if the belt goes it could destroy the sensor and the sensor would have to come off to replace the belt.