3 cylinder application

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

retrocarclub

3 cylinder application

Post by retrocarclub »

Hello,

Is MJ compatible with 3 cylinder engines? If so, how would I go about setting it up?

I've successfully used MJ before, but I can't work out how I would use it on a 3 cylinder..

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Christian

BRUCEROE

3 cylinders

Post by BRUCEROE »

Basically think of it as a 6 cylinder engine with the even cylinders missing. You have cylinders 1,3, & 5, so 2, 4, & 6 are missing. Wire it up with an EDIS 6 coil pack (3 coils). The second wire on each coil output is grounded to complete that circuit. Bruce Roe

BRUCEROE

More Detail

Post by BRUCEROE »

An even fire 3 is like a 6 with half the cylinders missing. It takes 2 turns, 720 degrees to hit everything. At zero degrees, 1st coil fires your first cylinder in the firing order. At 120 degrees, 2nd coil waste fires the 3rd cylinder in your firing order. At 240 degrees, the 3rd coil fires the 2nd cylinder in your firing order. At 360 degrees, 1st coil waste fires your first cylinder in the firing order. At 480 degrees, 2nd coil fires the 3rd cylinder in your firing order. At 600 degrees, the 3rd coil waste fires the 2nd cylinder in your firing order. At 720 degrees, start over. Bruce Roe